Canceling your subscription when you purchase directly on your iPhone or Android phone is simple. You can do it directly from your Apple or Google Playstore account.
Unfortunately, Lifebook can't do this for you as Apple/Google controls this. If you signed up for the subscription through members.mylifebook.com you can cancel automatically from your Lifebook Account. You will find the instructions in this article.
Important Note: Uninstalling the Lifebook App will not cancel your subscription. It will still have to be cancelled on the Apple Store or Google Play Store.
Here's How to Cancel Your Subscription
IF YOU PURCHASED ON THE GOOGLE PLAY STORE
Once you activate a free trial through the Google Play store, you will need to cancel at least 24 hours before the trial ends to avoid being charged for the annual subscription.
Steps to cancel on Google Play:
- Open the Google Play Store App on Android mobile phone or tablet, or go to play.google.com.
- Tap the menu button on the top left corner of the Google Play store app (3 horizontal lines).
- In the side menu that appears, tap the Subscriptions option.
- Select the subscription
- Tap the 'Cancel subscription' option and follow the on-screen instructions to confirm cancellation.
Subscriptions on Google Play renew automatically unless you unsubscribe.
Andriod/ Google provides a more in-depth guide here on how to manage or cancel your app subscriptions on any device.
Please note that if you have already been charged for the subscription, and you decide to cancel, access will be active until the paid subscription expires and you will not receive your money back.
IF YOU PURCHASED ON APPLE STORE/ITUNES
Once you activate a free trial through the Apple store/iTunes, you will need to cancel at least 24 hours before the trial ends to avoid being charged for the annual subscription.
Steps to cancel on the Apple Store:
- On your iPhone or iPad go to Settings.
- Scroll down and select "iTunes & App Store"
- On the screen that appears, tap your Apple ID listed at the top.
- In the pop-up that shows, tap "View Apple ID", and sign in if requested to do so.
- This brings you to an Account Settings page, where you can scroll down to a "Subscriptions" option. Tap "Subscriptions" and select one from your list of subscriptions.
- On the subscription screen, tap the "Cancel Subscription" button.
- If you do not see the "Cancel Subscription" button, this means it has already been canceled.
Apple provides a more in-depth guide here on how to manage or cancel your app subscriptions on any device.
Please note that after your current period ends, whether it is part of a free trial or a regular recurring subscription, iTunes will no longer bill you for that subscription.
What Happens After You Cancel
When you cancel a subscription you’ll still be able to use your subscription for the time you’ve already paid.
For example, if you buy a one-year subscription on Jan 1, and decide to cancel your subscription on July 1:
- You’ll have access to the subscription until Dec 31.
- You won’t be charged another yearly subscription the following January.